PMP is seeking an experienced, self-motivated and well-rounded full-time residential mortgage underwriter. You will be responsible for understanding the underwriting guidelines and overlays of our client base, reviewing files using your strong credit background, and rendering a decision on the loan application. Since PMP works with a variety of lenders, a diversified and deep background in various products and loan programs is important. Our clients expect us to evaluate a wide range of offerings, from conventional to portfolio and non-QM products.
If you are a dedicated, enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual looking for a company and team to grow with, this is the position for you. We offer a competitive compensation package and an appealing incentive program that generously rewards our top performers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary role of the Mortgage Underwriter is to review a mortgage loan application and supporting documents in accordance with stipulated guidelines (Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac and/or client and/or other investor) and to render a credit decision.
This will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Review asset documents and calculate assets
- Review employment details and calculate income
- Review credit report and validate liabilities and credit-worthiness
- Review the sales contract
- Review mortgage insurance
- Review appraisal and perform compliance checks
- Notate any required credit and/or closing conditions and subsequently review and sign off on them
- When the documents/information are received/reviewed, issue a final approval, ‘Clear to Close’ or adverse action on a loan
- Update the LOS with all required/pertinent information
- Maintain a strong relationship with the processing team, our clients, and loan originators as you work together to evaluate a deal.
REQUIRED CHARACTERISTICS OF OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Adaptability and Candor: You will be working with some of the newest technology in the mortgage industry. As it evolves, we will ask you for your feedback to improve our products.
- Ability to perform quality work and adhere to timeliness standards established by management.
- Proactive, energetic and resourceful.
- Strong attention to detail and organization, and ability to develop an in-depth understanding of the products/programs of our clients.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Minimum of 5 years underwriting experience in a front-line origination production environment.
- Prior experience working with FHA, VA, USDA loans
- Understanding and applicability of recent regulatory changes is important.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of products is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Will consider high school or equivalent if candidate possesses exceptionally deep mortgage experience.
PROMONTORY MORTGAGEPATH LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN